|
( a happy birth-day ) was posted at 9:37 am
Saturday, 1 August 2015 Oh dear.. I have written a long post on my labour experience and it went POOF! Nevertheless, I will use the time (my little son is asleep, great opportunity for some writing and thoughts!) to write a few lines on it. Why so eager to share my labour story? Probably because all labour experienced by different women, is different. Some have it easy, some have it hard, some have it in an unexpected turn... But each experience is definitely worth remembering and sharing. I could say that my labour was a rather manageable one.. It was only 10 hours, and I didn't have to push for several hours to exhaustion. Alhamdulillah I didn't take the magic word "Epidural" to overcome the pain. Oh, yes, the pain. Or should I say, The Worst Pain In My Existence. The pain of labour totally changed my idea of pain and painbearing to a whole new level. Falling from bicycle is not painful. Getting the carpark barrier on your head with seven stitches didn't hurt. The moment when the Oxytocin (the drug used to induce labour by intensifying the contractions by 2-5 minute intervals) danced and made their way into my system, I know what real pain was. No one was there to help; not the nurses, not my gynae, not even my husband or the stupid laughing gas. In my mind was only seeking help from Allah because only He can help me manage my pain. When the nurses and the gynae told me to push harder, I thought they were trying to joke with me. What, I have already pushed to my hardest and I was already seeing stars. All I could see was a dark night sky with glittering stars scattered all over its black canvas. If that was death, it must have been beautiful.... But the dark sky dissipated and the stars stopped blinking, when I felt a warm, heavy body on my chest.. It was a moment of true reality, when I heard his newborn cry and his weight on my chest instead of the safety of my womb... Allah has indeed helped to make him arrive this world safely. I remembered how I was still in disbelief to have finally hold the little baby in my belly, to my arms... And how the inexplicable pain I went through earlier just disappeared into great oblivion. It's just amazing how, even the most frail of a woman could actually overcome labour. In the 10 hours of labour, I could only wish for death, anything, just anything to take the pain away. But that pain taught me a beautiful lesson; that the sacrifice of a mother is out of this world. The women who recklessly abandon their children might have lost the essence of being a mother, while those who went through the pain will embrace it. The recovery was another experience, and it does not matter if a woman delievered naturally or surgically - both are equally draining to recover. The wounds may gradually heal and the energy regained, but the scars and post-recovery afterbirth remains forever. And women, being women, will forget their pain and they will again yearn for another child. Because they see the beauty of childbirth above the painful memories. My son is now 3 months going 4 in a few days' time... And watching him grow steadily and reaching various milestones makes me nothing but a happier person than before :) |
the blogger
"Standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset,"
I am a 29-year-old mom of two toddlers; I will update this section when my boys have gone to college!
previously written
▪ the love of my life thank you
Layout by mymostloved,
with banner by Obsequious and inspiration from sagacity. |